Sunday, February 1, 2009

see you later, Cebu


So, I'll see you later, Cebu.

You've been more than wonderful, and you will always be that. From the fresh vegetable soup straight from my mother's kitchen, the beat and hit of January festivals, friends' usual jokes and laughter to the pet dogs' tricks and play - no place like home, indeed!

But then the vacation has to end and I need to get myself out of here. For those who wants more of home, you wish time would move slow, but time is relentless to those who are having fun, or those who are busy.

Until then, Cebu. You saw me got confused with a story that begun with a goodbye and develops with another goodbye, you know how I so wanted to defy gravity, or trick it from happening, or of how I sometimes step into my little fantasy where boundaries are overcome by the fantastical creativity of my imagination.

There are things I wish I have more grasp into, like knowing what's really in the heart of another, or of changing some things that didn't come out right from peoples' judgments, or of not being forgetful when with someone whose words have the power to melt all the phrases practiced in mind.

Yet, could the distance be a blessing in disguise? Sometimes, distance defies gravity and that which is beyond your grasp would settle itself perfectly. I'm leaving with "what-if's" and questions but I so believe that the future has the perfect answer to the present questions hanging in my head.

I loosen my grip and grasp, I abandon myself to destiny, to His will. So, I'm not even gonna ask what's next to this. My next visit will come one day, and it will have it's own story to tell - whether to continue what was left hanging, or to begin a new one, I absolutely have no idea, and I don't wanna know.

All I can say for now is --- see you later, Cebu!


(FYI, I arrived here in Cebu, Philippines last January 1 after my travel to Shanghai and Hangzhou, China. From here, I will be accompanied by my sister and 2 friends Jillian and Ellen to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. My sister and friends will fly back to the Phils. after KL while I fly straight to Macau and will roam there for probably 2 days. From Macau, back to Tianjin for the next term of teaching, baby! Whew, graces, Lord!)
P.S. Photo from the wires taken during the famous January festival here in Cebu, Philippines - the Sinulog.