Thursday, January 15, 2009

a sort of looking back






Back in high school, I used to go to this place where my classmates and I would bring snacks and do nothing but talk, talk and talk. It was a grassland, with some trees surrounding it. There was a passage of water coming from a nearby construction cite, and we used to joke around, saying that one who does constant foolishness would be thrown to the nearby watery area.

And now, going back, the place has never been the same, it has turned into a shopping mall and hangout - Ayala Center Cebu. But nonetheless, I love Ayala for everytime I go there, I'm reminded of the time when I was young and my vision of the world was limited to grasslands and after-class hangout with friends.

The years passed by, things changed, and Ayala had gone through major changes. I reflected on it one afternoon and reckoned that it's a lot like life, or maybe an aspect in my life. And every once in a while, you look back at that aspect and think of the memories that seem to fly like the wind at its speed.

Though sometimes, you look back and decide to linger for a while. It's not that you are desperate at your current life, it's just that those memories increase its value at the passing of time...and holding it in your heart, even for just a while, refreshes the retrospective self.