Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hangzhou, earth's paradise



Hangzhou is a little overcast yesterday, and I guess it will be the same today. What's amazing is that though the skies are cloudy, the beauty of Hangzhou could not be hidden.

Yesterday, I had a boat ride through West Lake, it was cold but worth the ride. And from the boat, we got off at the place where there are lush greeneries, fantastic gardens and awesome mountains. It's a paradise, indeed.

If Hangzhou is a paradise, people here are maybe "angels"? Well, going to the tea museum, I observed that most of the people we met along the road were old people, around 50-60, and they were very welcome when you ask a question or two.

There is a water show in West Lake, just across the Grand Hyatt Hangzhou. We went there at 6:30 but one said that the show starts at 7, so we went to Starbucks, which is just 5 minutes walk from the water show area, to grab some drinks, then get back at 7 when the water show started. I was speechless at how it worked - music, lights, and water...gorgeous!

I have several photos of Hangzhou which I could not post today, and more stories which I could not tell by now. Hopefully I could fill you in with more on my next post.

I realized that I havent updated my blog for several weeks, and these weeks are quite important weeks with happenings like - my birthday, another friend's bithday, Christmas party with Pinoys (where the snow came at 11:30 to add more fun on our party), Christmas dinner (where I begin to appreciate red and white wine), Christmas party with Indonesians (where I discovered I'm good at eating contests, hahaha!) and all the other joys that came in between - yet, I did not blog about them. Am I too lazy to write now? I dunno.

For now, let me enjoy Hangzhou and savor the paradise it offers.