Tuesday, July 28, 2009

lord, where's my takeshi?


There was this movie that I watched in the Philippines which brought me to tears (as if it's something new) even when my parents were around while I was watching it.

The movie's name was House of Flying Daggers (in English), a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou and starred by Zhang Ziyi and Takeshi Kaneshiro.

And a scene that stayed in my mind even until now is when Captain Jin (Takeshi) held Mei's hand and they ran together as the enemies are about to attack them.

And now, since I am learning Chinese I thought it'd be great to watch Chinese movies. And guess what I watched? Red Cliff 1 and 2. Another period film directed by John Woo and was released last year for the part 1 and early this year for the second half of the movie.

And guess who's in it? Yup! Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhuge Liang, a war chief strategist...of course along with the other popular Chinese stars.

Takeshi Kaneshiro did well in the movie again. And my heart is into it again.

Since yesterday up until today, I'm telling God..."Lord, where's my Takeshi?" =)

One who would, like Captain Jin, hold my hand when life is against me. Or one who would, like Zhuge Liang of Red Cliff, keep me brazened to the reality of the comings and goings of life.

Oh God, bring me my Takeshi Kaneshiro, please.

=)

x

Cathy