Saturday, April 18, 2009

taking advantage of springtime



Winter is over and spring is here! Thank God!

If winter makes you a bit distant to the outdoors, spring is the complete opposite. The sunshine makes you smile and the budding flowers charm you to go out and have picnic, play some games, why not?

I told my friend and co-teacher, Mel, that spring makes people happy, or happier. It's just lovely to look at people and know from your point of view that they no longer look as frigid as before, or that it's easier to flash a smile and enjoy the day's warmth.

And as promised, me and my students went outside and played some games to enjoy the wonderful spring weather. We are taking advantage of spring because, fyi, spring here in Tianjin is rather short and before you know it, it's already summer. Summer here is kinda muggy and I'm afraid we would all succumb to the indoors again, but that's ok.

For now, cheers for spring, or in Mandarin we say - jia you!

x

Cathy